Wednesday, November 24, 2010

10.2Kg DOWN ~ 1 WEEK TO GO !

If you'd asked me 4 weeks ago how I was feeling about my challenge you probably would've been able to tell by the look on my face. I was quite honestly thinking that there was no way I was going to achieve my goal, I was so down about the whole thing, feeling a little starved to tell the truth. I now know that I was being very negative. The power of the mind is an amazing thing, my dark 'self talk' was weighing me down. Extreme to say I realise but my negativeness was making me feel like life isn't worth living. How pathetic is that? Those people that are able to go on a weight loss / fitness regime and achieve their goal all by themselves are amazingly strong individuals indeed, I take my hat off to them. I am definitely not one of 'em... Without the help of my Trainers David & Craig I would still be blabbing on about losing weight this time next year. What they have helped me with goes far, far beyond just an exercise routine. The motivation, encouragement, diet advice & positive fun environment they create is another big part of what keeps me going. Don't think for a second that it's easy, it's not, it's bloody hard work, seriously hard work - BUT IT PAYS SERIOUSLY BIG REWARDS! Call me a sadist but I'm starting to love it. And to think that after I'd paid for my first month I was actually going to quit cause I thought it was boring and not for me. Thank goodness that It didn't take me long to realise that the guys were actually getting me to do exercises to develop the right technique, build strength, stability & correct form. Laying solid foundations, so to speak, for the more complex routines that I'm now doing & enjoying so much. It makes sense for them to take their time initially with a new client, they observe and document their flexibility, strengths, weeknesses, core stability, mind set and goals before they custom design a routine. They only have your health, safety and correct development in mind.

Guess what the look on my face today would tell you?    :)

I feel so good I'm jumping out of my skin. I'm down to 89.2kgs. I'm in the 80's and I haven't been here since I was in my twenties. Holy Crap I feel good. David told me to visualise 89 on the digital scale and I did. I could see it so clearly in my mind and now it's come true. There is that 'power of the mind' do'in it's thing again. Freak'in amazing stuff... Now I'm visualising 85 and I can see that clearly too.

One more week to go and that's the completion of this challenge. I've decided that I'm going to keep this blog active so I can report my ongoing progress. Writing this every week has actually helped. I read back a little today and it made me feel good to see where I came from ~ now I can see where I'm going just that little bit clearer... Love life and it'll love you back...

85kg here I come...

Clint.

No comments:

Post a Comment