Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Committment

The Spring Challenge ~12 weeks & 10 kgs of Body Fat Gone, totally realistic goal - sounds easy enough! Well It's now or never as I'm really unhappy with the shape of the person who stares back at me when I look in the mirror and those negative little voices going on inside my head! Not to mention my Doctor telling me that if I'm unable to control my cholesterol with my diet in the next 3 months I'll have to take a daily tablet, my blood pressure isn't ideal, the extra stress it's putting on my heart and limbs and, just for good measure, diabetes runs in my family.  I'm sure that anyone carrying too much weight will have heard it all before. 

Why make it so public? (It wasn't even my idea,  details on that another time.) The more people to know about this and to share my experiences the better. I've never been one to step aside from a challenge or to back away from hard work but sometimes my motivation subsides and I fall back into old habits. This will hold me accountable, I mean, how silly will I look at the end of this if I'm still the same 99.4kg. I will die from the embarrassment.
 
Although at the end of this I'm going to feel pretty bloody good at the risk of sounding cliché the Cancer Council of WA will be the real winner. I am asking people to sponsor me with a donation or by the kilo with all funds raised being matched by Cafe Mulberries going to much needed cancer research.

I promise to 'keep it real' throughout this journey and to share all the highs and lows. I welcome all comments, questions, ideas, experiences, recipes & tips.

1st Weigh In - Wed 01/09/2010 - 99.4kgs
2nd Weigh In - Wed 08/09/2010 - 98kgs A LOSS OF 1.4kgs

Woo Hoo! How good does that feel! I was even a bit naughty this week by having a couple of glasses of wine on Sunday afternoon. 1.4kgs may not sound like a lot to some but if I can average that each week I'll be a very happy chappy.

All weigh ins and measurements verified by Lifestyle Improvers.

Later I will share my Diet and Exercise Regime.

Bye for now,

Clint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment