Monday, September 13, 2010

Will Power or Won't Power?

This weekend was a real stretch for the willpower, my mind kept telling me I was hungry even after I'd eaten all the yummy and nutritious foods that I'm allowed. Thinking about it now, they should actually call it won't-power. Instead of telling myself 'I will' have this and 'I will' have that I was telling myself 'I won't' have anything at all, and that takes power. So there you go, It's Won't Power from now on! Having these cravings must have something to do with the weekend being my usual relax/friends/social time. I watched a movie on Sunday afternoon and for the first time since I can remember I never had any chippies or chocolate or ice cream and I must admit that it did feel like my throat had been cut. Whoever has heard of watching a movie with no treats at all, next time I'll have to make myself a fruit platter?  With David's help I'm starting to train myself to change my habits and to practice more positive self talk. On a side note I once heard that a certain supermodel said that nothing tastes as good as what skinny feels, and, not wanting to offend anyone, even though I'm a long way from knowing what skinny feels like I still kind of agree with where she's coming from.

The best feeling while waking up this morning was quickly thinking about what I'd eaten yesterday and realising I'd been so good. It's such a relief knowing that I don't have to start over again. (I have been on that self destructive merry-go-round before, it's exhausting.) I gave myself a pat on the back and somehow it gave me the strength to maintain my focus all through the day, which was great as the Cafe was pretty slow and I'm a full on sufferer of 'boredom eating' - made even harder by being surrounded by lots of yummy food. I don't want to lose sight of the big picture - fitting into some recently acquired Calvin Klein Jeans that I deliberately purchased 2 sizes too small.

One more day till my next Weigh In and I already feel like I have lost weight. My tummy isn't feeling as bloated either.

I'll be back on Wednesday to report my weekly result and let you know about my diet and training.

I'm pooped so it's off to bed for me.

Clint.

No comments:

Post a Comment